ZTE Nubia Red Magic 7 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB ROM
Just like last year, the new Red Magic 7 series from nubia comes in two flavors – standard and Pro. We already reviewed the vanilla model, so we know what to expect from the higher tier. After all, the two phones are fairly similar, with only a couple of marginal differences.
Perhaps one of the most notable advantages of the 7 Pro over its non-Pro sibling is the battery. The 7 Pro adds an extra 500 mAh over the 4,500 mAh but still uses a 65W PD 3.0 charger. That applies to the Global market. The Chinese counterpart gets a speedier 135W-capable brick.
Then we have the UD selfie camera on ZTE Nubia Red Magic 7 PRO, which has helped a bigger screen-to-body ratio, and it’s a novelty only a few smartphones on the market have. ZTE has a history with this type of approach, releasing the world’s first commercially available UD camera.
However, the screen diagonal of ZTE Nubia Red Magic 7 PRO has remained 6.8,” and the refresh rate has gone down from 165Hz to 120Hz. Arguably, this wouldn’t be an issue as there are hardly any games that can take advantage of such a fast refresh rate.
ZTE nubia Red Magic 7 Pro specs at a glance:
- Body: 166.3×77.1×10.0mm, 235g; Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), glass back, aluminum frame; Pressure sensitive zones (500Hz touch-sensing), Built-in cooling fan, Aviation aluminum middle frame.
- Display: 6.80″ AMOLED, 1B colors, 120Hz, 600 nits, 1080x2400px resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 387ppi.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8450 Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 (4 nm): Octa-core (1×3.00 GHz Cortex-X2 & 3×2.50 GHz Cortex-A710 & 4×1.80 GHz Cortex-A510); Adreno 730.
- Memory: 128GB 8GB RAM, 128GB 12GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM, 256GB 16GB RAM, 512GB 16GB RAM, 512GB 18GB RAM, 1TB 16GB RAM; UFS 3.1.
- OS/Software: Android 12, Redmagic 5.0.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm, 1/1.97″, 0.7µm, PDAF; Ultra wide angle: 8 MP, f/2.2, 120˚, 13mm, 1/4.0″, 1.12µm; Macro: 2 MP, f/2.4.
- Front camera: 16 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide), 1/2.8″, 1.22µm, under display.
- Video capture: Rear camera: 8K@30fps, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240fps; Front camera: 1080p@30/60fps.
- Battery: 5000mAh; Fast charging 65W – Global, Fast charging 135W, 100% in 15 min (advertised) – China, Power Delivery 3.0.
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (under display, optical); NFC; 3.5mm jack.